Get On Your Saddle
We are looking for people to use their passion for horse riding to raise funds for Spinal Research. Whether you join an existing fun ride or get a group of friends together for a hack why not Get On Your Saddle for Spinal Research.
Register today and we will send you your free fundraising pack and Spinal Research T Shirt. Don’t forget to let us know if you are part of a group.
A few ideas...
- Join an existing event – There are lots of organised events all over the UK. Just sign up to the event of your choice and use the opportunity to raise money by getting sponsored for the ride. Let us know and we will send you everything you need to fundraise
- Do a sponsored 10k ride or see how many famous race courses you can virtually ride around in a week or choose a distance that will challenge you.
- Organise a ride with friends over a pre-planned route and encourage riders to get sponsorship
- Track your distance in the time you set for yourself, whether you do it in one day or over a week or two. There are many free phone apps that you can download to do this.
- Get in touch with your local riding club or school – Ask them if they would be prepared to put on a fundraiser, organise a fun ride or put on a show
- Put on a Horse Show. Donate a percentage of the entry fee for each class or event. Hold one special event or class where the whole fee is donated
- Join our Get On Your Saddle campaign and set up an online Justgiving page and post messages to all your supporters telling them about any milestones along the way and thanking them for their support
- Take a photo of yourself for us, and upload images to your social media accounts using the hashtag #TeamSpinal
- Spread the word everywhere you can and let’s get everyone on their saddle for Spinal Research. We have posters, leaflets and graphics, just let us know what you need
- Get fit whilst raising much needed funds and awareness