Get On Your Saddle
We are looking for people to use their passion for rowing to raise funds for Spinal Research. Challenge friends in the gym or do your own sponsored row and go the distance for Spinal Research.
Register today and we will send you your free fundraising pack and Spinal Research T Shirt. Don’t forget to let us know if you are part of a group.
Ideas to get you started
- Challenge yourself to complete a sponsored distance of 5km,10km or 25km or why not choose your own
- Keep track of your distance covered in the time you set yourself, whether you do it in one day or over a week or two. There are many free apps you can download this, some help you to connect to other rowers. Check out some of the best ones here
- Join our Get On Your Saddle campaign and set up an online Justgiving page and post messages to all your supporters telling them about any milestones along the way and thanking them for their support
- Challenge friends or colleagues to see who can row the furthest in a week
- Take a photo of yourself for us to include in our Get On Your Saddle campaign pages and upload images to your social media accounts including the hashtag #TeamSpinal
- Spread the word everywhere you can and let’s get everyone on their saddle for Spinal Research. We have posters, leaflets and graphics, just let us know what you need
- Huge health benefits. If you’ve not tried indoor rowing then you’ll find it is a fantastic cardiovascular workout. Every stroke uses 85% of your muscles covering nine major muscle groups and is great for core strength and flexibility